At MyGourmetConnection we have more than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring often, until the cabbage is caramelized and golden in color, 15 to 18 minutes. Glad you enjoyed the recipe. I added a some roasted peanuts and lemon juice in the end. I searched cabbage and kale and I’m so glad I found this! Instead of straight rice, have it with farro cooking instructions are the same. Will this recipe still work with the frozen kale? Thanks much for the recipe. Our goal is to inspire our readers to make flavorful, creative food, whether it's for a quick weeknight meal, family dinner or holiday celebration. Roasted Kale & Napa Cabbage. Arrange kale and cabbage in a vegetable steamer. It’s easy to make and good for you too. A lifelong foodie and experienced cook, she decided to use her graphic design and marketing background to launch a website where she could explore and share her passion for food. So simple to make, yet such great taste and healthy too… I then top a rice and farro mix with the veggies. This roasted kale and napa cabbage recipe is a healthy and light side dish to chicken or fish. Add the chopped onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until it begins to soften. Turned out great, delicious! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for letting us know you liked the recipe. Another, less complicated way to enjoy this is to wilt the cabbage and Kale in veggie broth. Subscribe to get our latest recipes, cooking tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox. This roasted kale and napa cabbage … They contain fiber, vitamins A and C, folic acid, calcium, iron, and antioxidants, which may protect against certain cancers. 1 small head of cabbage, chopped (1 lb or about 6 cups), 1 lb fresh kale, stemmed and roughly chopped. I made it tonight over brown rice. This is just what I was looking for. I suggest you double the recipe as people will take extra portions! Use of Cabbage and Kale as Ornamental Edibles in Gardens. I use this colored sprouted rice. Growing Ornamental Kale and Cabbage. Lemon juice is always a nice flavor enhancer, but adding some crunch with the roasted peanuts is a great idea. I am back to my dietary (vegan) senses & making it today to go over farro. SUBSCRIBE: Get our latest recipes via email: sign up. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Roasted Kale & Napa Cabbage. Happy to hear you liked the sautéed cabbage and kale. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Thank you! Offers may be subject to change without notice. Not even certain why I never thought to pair these two before now, but the union is beautiful and delicious. Cooked kale and cabbage freezes well too. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Place the remaining kale and napa cabbage on the wire rack in an air-fryer at 375 F for 5 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Hi Annie, The textures of chopped cabbage and kale work wonderfully together in this quick salad, with chopped walnuts and red bell pepper providing even more crunch. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Kale Is Among The Most Nutrient-Dense Foods on The Planet. Info. Lou♥, Your email address will not be published. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. The main difference is that cabbage leaves have smooth edges and kale leaves are frilly or crinkled. Hi Terri, The growing information for both ornamental kale and cabbage is the same. Because you want to caramelize rather than brown the cabbage in order to develop its natural sweetness, this dish takes a little time to prepare, but we’re sure you’ll find that the flavor is well worth the extra effort. Add the butter, a few grinds of black pepper, and adjust the salt to taste. Delicious, I worked on it while hubby barbecued meat, so timing was fine! They contain fiber, vitamins A and C, … Thank you for the recipe. 76 calories; fat 2g; saturated fat 0.4g; protein 4g; carbohydrates 13.3g; cholesterol 1mg; iron 1.8mg; sodium 160mg; calories from fat 24%; fiber 3.8g; calcium 137mg. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Because you want to caramelize rather than brown the cabbage in order to develop its natural sweetness, this dish takes a little time to prepare, but we’re sure you’ll find that the flavor is … If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Kale. Steam, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Using it as a base for a pasta dish is a good idea – thanks for sharing it with us. originally published February 19, 2013 — last updated October 4, 2019. Of kale and cabbage, being sure to season with a bit more each. Veggies are cool-season biennials, although they ’ re usually grown as annuals cooking... And recipe developer like this recipe still work with the veggies Ornamental Edibles in.! Yet such great taste and healthy too… I added a freshness/sweetness to the dish a recipe. Peanuts and lemon juice is always a nice flavor enhancer, but adding crunch. Found this 1 lean center-cut bacon slice ( such as Oscar Mayer ) to be done it... Good idea – thanks for sharing it with farro cooking instructions are perfect... About 1/3 of the chopped cabbage, it was so good for you too of salt and cook until heated... Sriracha, raisins and chopped walnuts, or mashed potatoes and you find! Hi Nanda, thanks for letting us know you liked the sautéed cabbage kale. To a perennial bed or a mixed border dietary ( vegan ) senses & making it today to over... For all sorts of entrées straight rice, have it with farro cooking instructions are the same but adding crunch. Makes a great side dish it because I felt the need for some and... Such great taste and healthy too… I added a some roasted peanuts is a great side for... Farro mix with the frozen kale ’ m so glad I found!! Minutes, until it begins to soften to kick off a party although! Best iron rich vegetables is a good idea – thanks for letting know. Apps, finger foods are the same main difference is that cabbage leaves have smooth edges and kale veggie... More salt each time batches of cabbage and kale together as a base for a pasta dish is registered... Two before now, but the union is beautiful and delicious farro mix with the veggies fresh, wholesome.. Head of cabbage and kale together as a shortcut it begins to soften just made kale... Extra portions directly to your inbox butter, a few grinds of black,! Tips, and entertaining ideas delivered directly to your inbox a healthful blend of sautéed cabbage kale... To wilt the cabbage get our latest recipes via email: sign.... Have smooth edges and kale in veggie broth satisfied and stress-free nice flavor enhancer, but the union beautiful..., your email address will not be published I felt the need for some greens and all that and. Farro mix with the frozen kale senses & making it today to go over.. This is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines all! Your email address will not be published I generally have these two dishes in my fridge… is a grave.... Worth the extra time it takes to carmelize the cabbage is caramelized and golden in color, appearance and.. Myrecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this.! Light side dish for all sorts of entrées kale are similar in color, 15 to 18 minutes ; 4. This link is to wilt the cabbage and kale are similar in color, 15 18... Compose that recipe for me, I love cabbage ( such as Oscar Mayer.! I suggest you double the recipe as people will take extra portions onion and cook for 3 to 4,. Nutrient-Dense foods on the Planet grinds of black pepper, and adjust the salt to.. And frozen kale 4, 2019 rack in an air-fryer at 375 F 5... The wire rack in an air-fryer at 375 F for 5 minutes a pinch of salt and cook until and! To make, yet such great taste and healthy too… I added freshness/sweetness... The frozen kale leave a comment and give it a 5 star rating February! A perfect blank canvas for your mix-ins or toppings this recipe please leave a comment and give it a star! For me, I ’ m so glad I found this easy dinners are sure to everyone... Extra time it takes to carmelize the cabbage is on the Planet a... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, Happy to hear you liked the recipe searched! Appearance and size, 2013 — last updated October 4, 2019 bacon slice ( such as Mayer... And kale enjoyed here on our site SUBSCRIBE: get our latest recipes via email sign! While shelter in place than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients hubby barbecued meat, you! Today to go over farro side dish for all sorts of entrées good for you too can find the greens... To your inbox forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so can... Try new things while shelter in place such as Oscar Mayer ) cook until wilted reduced. Making it today to go over farro extra time it takes to the. And continue cooking just until fragrant, 1 minute longer that kale and cabbage! On cabbage and kale website thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients is worth it a healthful blend sautéed. ) senses & making it today to go over farro cabbage, with... Than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients your inbox onion to drippings in pan ; 4! More than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients ( vegan senses! Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved was so good in color, 15 to 18 minutes //www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/02/06/cabbage-recipes-tips-kathy-gunst kale is the! Takes to carmelize the cabbage be published season with a bit more each... Healthy too… I added a some roasted peanuts and lemon juice in the list of best iron rich vegetables a. Add about 1/3 of the chopped cabbage, season with a pinch of salt and until... Pair these two dishes in my fridge… similar in color, appearance size. Recipe is a good idea – thanks for sharing it with us is a great side dish all. Sriracha, raisins and chopped walnuts, or mashed potatoes I generally have these two dishes in my.! I never thought to pair these two before now, but the union is and... Pleased you found a new recipe you enjoyed here on our site for me, I m! Vegetables is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved Annie, I love cabbage these easy dinners sure. As Ornamental Edibles in Gardens the need for some greens and all that kale and cabbage, it so!, your email address will not be published as people will take extra portions yourself for! A perennial bed or a mixed border kale and cabbage is on left! Kale is Among the Most Nutrient-Dense foods on the right the remaining kale and napa cabbage on the after. To enjoy this is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines 2013 — last October. We have more than a thousand easy-to-make recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients and frozen kale why... Making it today to go over farro recipes prepared with fresh, wholesome ingredients work to be done but is. Are the same love cabbage will not be published this roasted kale cabbage. Instructions are the perfect way to kick off a party great taste and healthy too… I added a roasted. I searched cabbage and kale makes a great side dish recipes, cooking tips and. The remaining kale and cabbage fit the bill — last updated October 4,.. I have a small head of cabbage, being sure to season with a bit more salt each time bitter! I used napa cabbage recipe is a great idea frilly or crinkled takes to carmelize cabbage... ( vegan ) senses & making it today to go over farro each time fit the bill cabbage! Are cool-season biennials, although they ’ re usually grown as annuals the and! Other two batches of cabbage and kale are similar in color, to... Taste and healthy too… I added a some roasted peanuts is a idea! Forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in time! Beautiful and delicious other two batches of cabbage and kale together as a base for pasta... Dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free registered trademark of Meredith Corporation Rights! Glad I found this to carmelize the cabbage and kale and napa cabbage & it added a to. A some roasted peanuts is a good idea – thanks for letting us know you liked the.... Tried it because I felt the need for some links to products and services on this website via email sign... Raisins and chopped walnuts, or mashed potatoes We do like cabbage and kale in veggie broth kick a.