Depends what you want put of professions. So you don't need to max Outland for example to learn Bfa crafting. Pretty sure this stuff is only relevant in the first 2-3 weeks of a new raid. Thank you for the information! Posted by 20 days ago. I've always loved the professions in classic, especially cooking & fishing + alchemy & herbalism. Professions skills are split between expansions now in retail WoW, there is a separate skill bar for each. Question. Mining and Herbalism still make a decent chunk of gold. The crafting ones (Leatherworking, Tailoring, Engineering and Blacksmithing) are probably the weakest but do provide you with two pieces of gear that have high item level as well as a socket making a lot of them BiS (Not including Benthic Gear). I'll be honest with you: that sounds absolutely horrible. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Professions in retail. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Gold? Is mining and blacksmithing also the go-to combination here? If you want to make gold.your best bet is herb / mining and sell on the AH. Professions are split by expansion so you don't need to learn a particular one before going to the next one. After playing classic for a while I want to give it a go with retail. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Question. They can make gear and some of it will sell. Professions aren't useless, but certain ones are better than others. What makes sense to learn? Let’s face it, professions have always been an integral part of World of Warcraft. But at this point really only shadowlands crafting will be worth anything, or if you use the relics in shadowlands to boost the item level of previously crafted items from other expansions. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Each profession falls into at least one of three categories: Gathering, production, and service. Problem is that I heard professions in retail are not useful anymore. You will find guides below for each World of Warcraft expansion. Enchants sockets bufffood flask and pots are basically required for pretty much every content so yes they are still useful. With this new way of levelling aswell Im abit confused about professions - I remember there used to be outland blacksmithing etc so regular blacksmithing was almost useless. With this new way of levelling aswell Im abit confused about professions - I remember there used to be outland blacksmithing etc so regular blacksmithing was almost useless. Professions in Battle for Azeroth, the next WoW expansion after Legion, have received a significant update, with many new recipes as well as a significant skill squish. In this overview, we'll highlight the major recipes, reagents, and useful items each profession offers. They have some other things they can make too. Classic WoW: You can find the guides for classic at my Classic World of Warcraft Guides page. Old World Leveling Guides. After playing classic for a while I want to give it a go with retail. Is that correct? Youd be silly to not have some sort of profession on your characters. Professions still have their uses. The crafting ones (Leatherworking, Tailoring, Engineering and Blacksmithing) are probably the weakest but do provide you with two pieces of gear that have high item level as well as a socket making a lot of them BiS (Not including Benthic Gear). Overlaps between these categories are common, and a profession of one type often has some functions that are of another type. And as you’ve probably already guessed, today’s post is all about the WoW BfA Best Professions for straight up gold! But can the gear I craft from BS ever surpass the regular quest gear, which scales perfectly with my class and level anyway? It remains relevant for super hardcore people pushing the highest level of content mythic+ really high keys, and mythic raids, but besides that everything else becomes cake walk in a matter of weeks. Since I love cooking & fishing: are these 2 professions useful in retail? Skinning is less so. Press J to jump to the feed. Alchemy is still the biggest money maker since Flasks and Potions are still used for raids. While you’ve missed out on the initial wave of new herbs and ore flooding into the market, and while prices continue to plummet from …